A red-hot scratch-off overflowing with $1 million in Lottery luck brought a St. Mary’s County man to Maryland Lottery headquarters last week.
The 62-year-old claimed the $1 million top prize in theLucky 777scratch-off, which still has five $1 million top prizes remaining. He found his lucky $20 instant ticket at St. Mary’s Gas Station located at 23950 Colton Point Road in Clements.
The St. Mary’s County business is an Expanded Cashing Authority Program retailer, which allows it to cash Lottery scratch-offs up to and including $5,000. The busy location offers customers a choice of 50 scratch-off facings. For selling the top-prize scratch-off in the game, St. Mary’s Gas Station earns a $1,000 bonus from the Lottery. This is its biggest winning scratch-off sale to date.
TheLucky 777game is a member of the Lucky 7 family of games that went on sale May 18. Players can also play $1Lucky 7s, $2Lucky 7s Doubler, $5Lucky 7s Triplerand $10Lucky 7s Multiplierscratch-offs.
Scratch-off players in the St. Mary’s County community of Clements, Landover Hills in Prince George’s County and Frederick County’s Woodsboro were the biggest Maryland Lottery winners of the past week.
A ticket purchased in Clements scored a $1 million win, while a scratch-off sold in Landover Hills landed $500,000, and another sold in Woodsboro was a $100,000 winner.
In all, Lottery players won or claimed more than $28.9 million in the seven days ending Sept. 13, including 19 tickets worth $10,000 or more that were either sold or claimed during that span. Included in the count are five bigRacetraxwinners, all of which were unclaimed as of Sept. 14.
The Maryland Lottery Claims Center in Baltimore is open by appointment only. Lottery prizes up to and including $25,000 can be claimed at five of Maryland’s six casinos with no appointment necessary. Prizes of $25,001 or more must be claimed by appointment at the Lottery Claims Center in Baltimore. More information is available on the How To Claim page of mdlottery.com.
Here is the weekly roundup of big winners:
Scratch-off Prizes Claimed From Sept. 7 through Sept. 13:
$1 Million Prize
- Lucky 777, St. Mary’s Gas Station, 23950 Colton Point Road, Clements
- Lucky 777, Dolfield Convenience Store, 3611 Dolfield Avenue, Baltimore
- Super Ca$h, Middlesex Liquors, 1334 Eastern Boulevard, Essex
- UNOTM, 7-Eleven #11680, 7611 Allentown Road, Fort Washington
- 2020 Cash, Cambridge Sunoco, 2903 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge
- Lucky 777, Royal Farms #026-E, 18 Dundalk Avenue, Dundalk
- Gold Rush X100, 7-Eleven #21067, 29969 Three Notch Road, Charlotte Hall
- Cash Club, Royal Farms #080-E, 32303 Queen Anne Highway, Queen Anne
- Lucky Bingo, Lucky World, 8521 Liberty Road, Randallstown
- $100,000 Crossword 4thEdition, Wawa #558-E, 8731 Pulaski Highway, Rosedale
FAST PLAY and Draw Game Tickets Sold for Drawings From Sept. 7 through Sept. 13:
- $10,000 Lucky Numbers ticket sold Sept. 12 at Giant #320, 229 Kentlands Boulevard, Gaithersburg (claimed)
- $63,836.40 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Colesville Beer & Wine, 13468 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $31,840 ticket sold Sept. 11 at Giant #365, 3299 Emmorton Road, Abingdon (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $30,879 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Veirs Mill Exxon, 12245 Veirs Mill Road, Silver Spring (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $21,278.80 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Parkville Shell, 9200 Harford Road, Parkville (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $15,439.50 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Lee’s Market, 4310 Hawthorne Road, Indian Head (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)