The Eastern Kentucky Colonels (20-6) are favored (-2.5) to build on a three-game win streak when they host the Austin Peay Governors (14-12) at 10:30 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Ford Center. The over/under is set at 155.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 4, 2021, 2:17 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Colonels to walk away with the victory, but the model spread (5.4) is 2.9 points further in their direction.
The model projects a total 4.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Eastern Kentucky 78, Austin Peay 73
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Colonels have an average implied point total of 79.6 this season, which is 0.6 points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (79).
- Eastern Kentucky has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (79) 17 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Governors (75.3) is 1.7 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (77).
- Austin Peay has scored more than 77 points six times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Eastern Kentucky and Austin Peay Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Colonels have a 44.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.1% lower than the 47.4% of shots the Governors’ have hit.
- Eastern Kentucky has a 7-0 straight-up record and a 6-0 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 47.4% from the field.
- Austin Peay has a 9-0 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 44.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Governors are shooting 45.3% from the field, -0.6% lower than the 44.7% the Colonels’ opponents have shot this season.
- Austin Peay is 9-6 overall and 8-5 against the spread when it makes more than 44.7% of its attempts from the field.
- Eastern Kentucky is 10-0-1 against the spread and 14-0 overall in games its opponents shoot over 45.3% from the field.
- The Colonels’ 35.8% three-point shooting percentage this season is the same as the Governors allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Eastern Kentucky has put together an 8-5 record against the spread and an 11-3 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 35.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Austin Peay is 12-2 overall and 11-1 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 35.8% from deep.
- The Governors are hitting 34.4% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is only one percentage point greater than the 33.4% the Colonels’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Austin Peay is 8-2 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots above 33.4% as a team from deep.
- Eastern Kentucky has a 9-2-1 ATS record and a 13-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.4% from distance.
- The Colonels’ 9.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.4 more made shots on average than the 7.3 per game the Governors allow.
- Eastern Kentucky is 10-4-1 against the spread and 16-2 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Austin Peay is 4-6 ATS and 4-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from