The # 3 Michigan Wolverines (18-1) are favored (-8.5) to increase a winning that is seven-game when they host the No. 5 Illinois Fighting Illini (18-6) at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at Crisler Center. The game airs on ESPN. An over/under is had by the matchup set at 149.5 points.
The gambling insights and predictions in this specific article mirror gambling data from DraftKings as of March 1, 2021, 2:20 have always been ET. See dining table below for present odds that are betting CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Fighting Illini (+8.5)
The model and DraftKings both have the wolverines home that is taking success, however the model has them winning by somewhat less (7.4 points). Lean towards using the battling Illini.
The DraftKings point total with this matchup is merely 2.3 points more than the model projection.
Prediction: Michigan 77, Illinois 70
Predictions are determined by a algorithm that is data-drivenraw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s power that is raw.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wolverines have an average implied point total of 76.5 this year, which can be 2.5 points less than their suggested total in Tuesday’s game (79).
- Michigan is attempting to outscore its suggested point total with this matchup (79) for the 12th time this period.
- The average implied point total regarding the period for the combat Illini (78.3) is 7.3 more points compared to the team’s implied total in this matchup (71).
- This period, Illinois has scored a lot more than this game’s implied total of 71 points 20 times.
Implied Totals are projected point totals for each united team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Michigan and Illinois Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wolverines make 49.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 8.8 percentage points higher than the Fighting Illini have allowed to their opponents (41.1%).
- Michigan is 14-2 against the spread and 17-0 overall in games when it collectively shoots better than 41.1% from the field.
- Illinois is 13-6-1 against the spread and 17-4 overall when its opponents shoot better than 49.9% from the field.
- The Fighting Illini are shooting 50.1% from the field, 11.8% higher than the 38.3% this season have been shot by the Wolverines’ opponents.
- Illinois has put together an 18-6 right up record and a record that is 14-8-1 the spread in games it shoots better than 38.3% from the field.
- This season, Michigan has a straight that is 17-1 record and a 14-3 record contrary to the spread whenever permits opponents to shoot above 50.1per cent through the industry.
- The Wolverines’ 39.1% three-point shooting portion this year is 5.9 portion points more than opponents associated with the battling Illini have actually shot from beyond the arc (33.2%).
- Michigan has a 12-1 record from the spread and a 14-0 record overall if the group makes a lot more than 33.2percent of its efforts from three-point range.
- Illinois has an 11-4 record contrary to the spread while going 13-2 general in games this year whenever its opponents shoot better than 39.1% from downtown.
- The Battling Illini are knocking down 38.2percent of these shots from three-point range, which can be 5.5 portion points more than the 32.7% the Wolverines’ are averaging regarding the period.
- Illinois is 14-4 overall and 10-6-1 contrary to the spread whenever it shoots over 32.7% as a united team from three-point range.
- Michigan has a 12-3 ATS record and a 15-1 record that is straight-up games this year it’s shot much better than 38.2% from three-point range.
- When Michigan makes more threes than its opponents, it’s 8-1 from the spread and 9-1 general. Whenever Illinois is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it’s ATS that are 5-4 6-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive data that are using